29 Oct 2012

Forever Friends


Laura Whitaker's ScrapMuch? blog requires that I create at least 2 layouts in order to participate in her October 2012 sketch challenges, so here is another one! I was inspired by the Week 4 sketch challenge:


At the same time, it was absolutely a challenge trying to incorporate the Two Scrapbook Friends' Christa DT's Trick'n'Treat Menu Challenge in this layout. My menu was consisted of: 1) Tootsie Rolls (6x6 patterned paper), 2) KitKat (pennant), 3) Swedish Berries (a word in different language - in this case, I used a rubberstamp in sign language "Friends"), 4) toothbrush (harlequins!), 5) Snickers (someone is laughing in the photo), and 6) Crispy Crunch (make a scene). The harlequins was the most difficult of all!!! I mulled around at my scrap table trying to figure how to come up with the diamond shapes and making it work on with the sketch challenge on my layout. Nothing made sense. I was going to give up on this one, but with Laureen and Sharlene's fabulous suggestions and encouragement, I started to look through my Cricut cartridges. BINGO! Elegant Edges! Ta-da I found my harlequins and then everything fell together nicely and quickly! I am so glad I did it. Thank you Laura for a great sketch challenge, and Christa for a great Halloween challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blog world! Your layout is beautiful! I truly love how your leaves are swooshing around through the wind! The GIGGLE ticket fit in just perfectly! Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful layout of these two cuties, love the die cut tree and leaves, fab warm colors and fun embellies! thanks for linking up with us at ScrapMuch?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the tree and falling leaves!! What a beautiful depiction of you pictures and focus of your layout! Well done! Thanks so much for sharing with ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout... Beautiful tree with all the colourful leaves falling. You managed to have a perfect title; forever friends (friends in sign language) for this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that paper clip and love that tree with those flowing leavings ... what a lovely accent to your layout! So glad to have you playing along with our ScrapMuch? Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete